The second content update for In Extremis is focused on The Reykata, the antagonistic force with a hive-mind-like appetite for destruction, their many forms, and other lore surrounding them. The Shadows update adds several new articles, a new YouTube single, a new type of map, and more!
The leader of the Reykata and current ruler of the Sha’an. Well, does an authoritarian, dystopian regime count as ruling? Sure. Regardless, here’s a new article on In Extremis’ first real villain.
This article could use a mighty fine refurbishing…so it got one! The Reykata got a much needed redesign that fits their status as both mindless fodder and a fearsome force. There’s a bonus gallery at the end since the images in the table are fairly small–and these images are scale to each other as well!
While the artwork may be old, the music is new. Check it out on YouTube linked above, and grab the desktop if you need to here.
An article about the planet-star from the Annals of Dystopia series, which chronicled Rey’ynar’s rise to power and the immediate aftermath. Find out more about the planet-star here! For more about that book series, check below.
Other Update Notes
- Before Time– A short article with a timeline outlining events leading up to the Timekeeping Reset, garnered mostly from The Ontiba
- After Time– A short article with a timeline outlining major historical events since the Timekeeping Reset
- Sha’an Culture– This article has been updated with information and artwork on the Sha’an system of government: Reigns and Remnants.
- Articles that were updated with new links, grouped by which new article they link to:
- Before Time
- After Time
- Multiple New Articles
- Books that were updated with new links:
- Annals of Dystopia I, A Forewarning links to Alekodst
- Annals of Dystopia II, Decade of War links to Alekodst
- Annals of Dystopia V, Praxial Baron links to Rey’ynar
- Annals of Dystopia VI, The Trickster links to Rey’ynar
- Annals of Dystopia VII, Dark Warriors links to Rey’ynar, and Alekodst
- Annals of Dystopia VIII, Departure links to Rey’ynar, and Alekodst
- Annals of Dystopia IX, Freedom links to Alekodst
- Survey: On the Likely-Before Time Artifacts Plundered Near Egur-Hlasarl links to Before Time
- Existence and What It Is links to Before Time
- All books published in A.T. link to After Time
- The Pirates article was updated to include new information on the “Golden Age of Piracy”
- Turns out I had the url date for the Sha’an page wrong in my internal database, so every page that linked to it from the website was broken. In case you were wondering, links have been fixed on the following pages:
- Not technically part of the update but worth mentioning: Several wallpapers (of both the mobile and desktop variety) already feature Rey’ynar.